What services can I recieve for free?
Even if you are generally chargeable, you can still recieve the following servies free:
- seeing your GP or practice nurse for any reason
- being tested for most suspected infectious diseases and treated for them if the test is positive.
- family planning services (contaception)
- treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- treatment given at an Accident and Emergency unit (but not once admitted to hospital)
- treatment of a condtion caused by FGM, torture, sexual or domestic violence (unless you have come to the UK to seek this care).
More infromation can be found in the leaflet at reception or by visiting www.nhs.uk - www.gov.uk